There is a lot of furor observed among people and often these people are observed bruiting the demise of Facebook. Various stats and annals are being probed so that they can fend for their arguments. They refer to the report which says that, in the US Facebook lost 6 million users in last couple of weeks and this is writing on the wall that affirms that Facebook mania is just about to tear apart.
But such news are quite premature and could be nipped in a flash. If the stats and annals forecast upcoming events with so acuteness then there are barrels of other stats which tell the other story. These other annals holler out the expansion and survival of face book. Few of them can put the record right and advocate for its survival.
- Untill 2011, there were 800 million active users which means that 1 in every 13 people use the Facebook and more interestingly half of them are logged in at any time of the day. A few of them may have left using Facebook but this really does not mean that Facebook is decaying.
- Almost 50% of 18-34 years old use facebook as soon as they wake up and 28% among them are those users who don’t even brush their teeth before using Facebook. This addiction among them is irresistible and grows each day.
- Another mind-boggling report tells that daily, 250 million pictures are uploaded and 20 million applications are installed.
- In just 20 minutes more than 7million pages are liked, 1 million links are shared, 2 million requests are confirmed and 3 million messages are sent.
- Facebook related terms such as facebook.com, facebook login are among most frequent searches
The primary reason that Facebook would survive in the long run is that it keeps enhancing and adding the services in its inventory. Facebook has pioneered a large numbers of applications and services that were totally from the blue. This versatility and diverseness, if maintained, would ensure its happy and smooth sailing in coming years.
Besides that, Facebook, these days, is not just a place where people come for ‘hi and bye’ stuff. It has become global Wall Street. Number of marketers who say that Facebook is critical to their business has increased 83% in last two years. Chances of connectivity with the customers, active visibility and self promotion routed by Facebook are always on the up. The history of business bears the fact that innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. Even if the hundreds of other websites start providing services that Facebook launched, it wont hurt Facebook’s survival.
Facebook has become the God
of internet. And more interestingly, its believers are becoming more committed and devoted to its haleness. So go and update your status “Long Live Facebook’